Cholesterol Control through Pranayama
It has become increasingly popular to reduce cholesterol through yoga. Practicing yoga on a regular basis not only helps to reduce your cholesterol level, but also helps you to stay in shape. It is believed that cholesterol increases with the rise of environmental stress factors around us.
Therefore, to bring down the stress factors, one should practice meditation, involving simple breathing techniques on a regular basis. This can significantly lower the level of cholesterol in the body. Meditation and breathing exercises called kapalbhati pranayama is one of the best combinations for lowering cholesterol.
How to perform Kapalbhati Pranayam to control cholesterol
- Sit in a position which is the most comfortable for you.
- Relax and focus on your breath.
- Inhale, as you would normally do and when you breathe out focus on the speed of your exhalation and how your stomach contracts as you breathe out.
- Perform this for atleast 50-60 times every day, especially in the morning.
- All breathing exercises and yogasanas can give many benefits physically and mentally, if practiced after waking up.
How Pranayama helps to control cholesterol
Pranayama helps to improve the blood circulation and helps your entire body to receive sufficient oxygen. Practicing breathing exercises helps to reduce carbon dioxide in your respiratory system and prevents the formation of plaque in the blood. Thus, this whole process helps to reduce the cholesterol in the body.
Moreover, yogasanas or yoga postures are the actual exercises or workout regimen that begin to make your body different. They are designed in a way to help the internal organs function properly. This involves inducing hormonal functionalities, building digestion, enhancing circulation and other bodily functions. Thus, the positions in the asanas bring down the formation of plaque in the arteries, thereby reducing the risk of heart diseases.