Cholesterol Lifestyle Changes – Exercises
Exercises are the most easiest and effective way for cholesterol reduction. This article highlights on how cholesterol lifestyle changes helps to decrease the incidence of heart disease. Exercises such as walking, aerobics, jogging, cycling and gardening are very effective.
Cholesterol Lifestyle Changes
- Exercises are the best way to maintain the levels of cholesterol in the body. They not only improve the levels of HDL, but also play a vital role in lowering LDL levels in the body. These exercises may be walking, gardening, cycling, jogging and aerobics. All of these should be done for about 30 minutes everyday.
- Walking is the best form of exercise. While exercising certain things have to be kept in mind. Few important criteria while exercising include proper footwear and non consumption of food before exercising.
- Dehydration is a most important problem during exercising. Therefore, there is a need to take a glass of water before and after walking.
- Stretching should be practiced while walking or after that. It should be done after the muscles have warmed up. Stretching should not cause pain in the muscle.
- Walking should be done depending on the pace that suits the person. Walking should not create pressure on the person. At the beginning it should be done at a slow pace and later it should be increased. By doing so, walking becomes a part of one’s life.
- Walking can burn about 300 calories for an hour. Therefore, walking can be a best way to loose weight without much of a cost. Loss of weight is the most criteria for lowering cholesterol levels in the body.
- Exercises enhances the rate of blood flow in the body. As the blood flows quickly it dispatches the excess cholesterol in the blood stream. It helps to clear the arteries from deposits of fats. Thereby, preventing blockages in the future.
- Cholesterol lifestyle changes are vital and needed to be practiced. If walking causes symptoms of breathlessness, chest pain and excessive pain in the muscle it is better to stop it at that point of time.