How to Lower LDL Cholesterol Naturally
Lowering LDL cholesterol naturally is the best way as it renders no side effects. Proper diet, herbal supplements and lifestyle changes are the best natural ways to lower ldl.
Diet and Exercises to Lower LDL Cholesterol Naturally
- Oat meal is low cholesterol containing food. It is rich in fiber. This fiber acts as a sponge and soaks in the cholesterol to excrete it.
- Salmon, mackerel and sardines are rich sources of omega 3 fats. These play a vital role in preventing blood clot formation. Always the fish should be fried using olive oil. Other foods that include omega 3 fats are nuts, flax seeds, pumpkin and green leafy vegetables.
- Apples is a rich source of fiber and antioxidant pectin. Fiber and pectin component helps in improving hdl levels in the body.
- Other best way to reduce ldl levels is to improve hdl levels. As hdl levels increase it pulls out the ldl that is adhered to the arteries and expels it out of the body. Hdl also lowers triglyceride levels.
- Soy products improve the activity of enzymes that are involved in cholesterol clearance.
- Regular exercises helps to improve hdl levels in the body and on the other hand it reduces the levels of bad cholesterol ldl.
- Exercises lower the level of hormones such as estrogen and testosterone in the body. These hormones require cholesterol for their formation. As the levels of these hormones decrease, more and more cholesterol is used up for their formation. Thereby, decreasing free ldl in the body.
Herbs to Reduce Ldl Cholesterol Naturally
It is called as turmeric root and belongs to ginger family. It is a powerful antioxidant. It inhibits absorption of cholesterol in intestine. It converts cholesterol to bile acids and excretes them out of the body.
It contains a compound allicin that is effective for reducing total and ldl cholesterol levels.
Drinking green tea helps to lower ldl cholesterol in the body.
Chocolate helps in reduction of cholesterol. Stearic acid present in it helps in regulating LDL levels in the body. Oleic acid in cocoa butter is effective for raising good cholesterol levels.