What is High Cholesterol Remedy?
Cholesterol a waxy substance if present in large amounts leads to heart disease. Therefore, treatment for high cholesterol is vital. There are several high cholesterol remedy, but best among them is home and herbal remedies.
High Cholesterol Home Remedy
- The best home remedy is to have 8 to 10 glasses of water daily.
- In a glass of milk add garlic and boil it. Allow it to cool for sometime. Taking this for a few days helps to reduce cholesterol and cardiac pain.
- Two spoons of coriander seeds is added to water and boiled. Allow it to cool. Strain it and the decotion is taken thrice a day.
- Onion juice is beneficial for reducing high cholesterol.
- About 10 pieces of cinnamon sticks are added to five cups of water and boiled. To this honey is added and taken when warm.
- Add olive oil to green leafy salads and mix them. This mixture helps in lessening cholesterol and promotes proper functioning of the heart.
- A bowl of curd everyday helps in reducing cholesterol levels.
- Taking 2 to 3 garlic cloves a day helps in reducing cholesterol.
- Intake of foods rich in lecithin is effective for cholesterol reduction. Lecithin rich foods include soybeans, egg yolk, whole grains and vegetable oils.
- Include fiber rich foods such as green beans, strawberries, broccoli and blackberries in the diet.
High Cholesterol Herbal Remedy
It lowers fat level in the body. Enhances HDL (good cholesterol) levels. It is affective for atherosclerosis and cardiac ischemia. It can lower the triglyceride level by 30%. As it is a natural extract, it is safer and superior.
It is a herb that is vital for strengthening of heart. It improves circulation and maintains tone of heart muscle. It is rich in co-enzyme Q10. This co enzyme is prescribed nowadays by the cardiology departments for preventing heart disease.
Simple lifestyle changes include:
- Follow a well planned. Avoid foods that increase cholesterol levels.
- Exercise daily for about 30 minutes.
- Give relaxation a priority.