Cholesterol Exercise- Benefits
Cholesterol is a waxy substance that is responsible for heart disease. Cholesterol exercise is beneficial as it improves good cholesterol levels in the body. Doing regular exercise plays a vital role in flushing out ldl, improving circulation and promoting weight loss.
Effect of Exercise on Cholesterol Levels
Exercises have an impact on cholesterol levels in two ways.
- It improves HDL levels.
- Secondly, it decreases LDL and triglyceride levels in the body.
Benefits of Cholesterol Exercise
- Exercises are the best way to reduce weight. Obesity is the main reason for high levels of bad cholesterol in the body. By reducing weight, one can probably reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Regular exercises plays a vital role in circulation. Enhanced circulation helps to clear blood clots and promote proper pumping of blood.
- Exercises stimulates the enzymes that carry LDL away from blood into the liver. In the liver LDL is converted to bile or excreted out of the body. So more one exercises, more is the ldl that is flushed out of the body.
- Exercises play a vital role in increasing the size of protein particles that are known to carry cholesterol. Few particles are large and others are small. In case of smaller particles the density is high. These small particles are dangerous as they can easily fit into the blood vessels without much difficulty. Regular exercising helps to increases the size of these particles. Thereby, preventing its deposition.
- About 30 minutes of jogging, brisk walking, cycling or gardening is suggested every day.
- Exercise help to reduce LDL level by 5 to 10 percent and improve HDL levels by 3 to 6 percent.
- Yoga and aerobic exercises are a part of cholesterol reducing regime.
Simple Cholesterol Exercise Plan
- Start walking for 20 minutes every day, for four days a week.
- Gradually increase the time to about 30 to 45 minutes for 6 to 7 days a week.
- Taking aerobic exercises three days a week and other three days switching on to exercises such as walking for about 50 to 60 minutes can be of help.
Stop exercising when symptoms like chest pain, dizziness, pain in the arm, weakness or weight gain occurs. If these symptoms persists its better to consult a doctor.